Thursday, October 7, 2010

Just Thinking

I'm in a contemplative mood today. Maybe it's the fall weather and darkness creeping forward. Maybe, it's just the place I've come to with the day I had and the (over) commitments I've made. I want my kids to have everything I always wanted as a kid. I want them to play an instrument, be artistic, dance, do gymnastics, sing, swim, be athletic, be smart, have lots of friends, and generally fave a grand time in their childhood.

So, my girls are involved in violin, art, and dance right now. The dance is two days a week for one child. I want my older girl to do private lessons with her violin. I want them to take swimming (so they know how to swim). And I want them to make connections. And I have a toddler (almost preschooler) and an infant right now.

Then, there was a Christmas dance opportunity. I asked my husband about it. I've asked him several years and he's been against it. This year he warned me he thought I would be over committing, but that he was fine with it.

Anyhow, I'm now sure I was overcommitting, but I made a committment and we need to follow through. It's been a good experience. I enjoy talking with other Moms and watching the girls dance. But, I need to be home too. I think some I was doing it to be accepted by other women. But, we'll see this through and I'll have it out of my system and I can move on I think. I'm not sure on our other committments. I just know that I want to teach my girls to enjoy life too, not just to do lots of things or accomplish a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you get a hold of me on my old blog and tell me how to sign up here? I would really like to get back to blogging on a nice looking and interesting blog again. I haven't blogged very much at all since they changed the old one. It isn't easy or any fun there. I would really appreciate your help. Thank you. Have a great week. Bearsmom

Illinois Lori said...

Cathy!!! I found you!!! I stopped by your old HSB blog a number of times but didn't see anything that you'd moved to blogger...so I Googled you! So good to get re-connected :-)

That said, I sure hope you remember me, LOL!!!

Glad you're doing okay...I know what you mean about overcommitting ourselves. It's a disease we all suffer from!

Blessings,
Lori (Plans4You)