Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Motivators

I've been trying to think of motivators for my kids when it comes to chores (and schoolwork) and just generally picking up after themselves. Here are a couple of my thoughts I had tonight:


 



  • My kids love to cook. I was thinking to motivate my kids to get their chores done in a certain amount of time (like under an hour altogether) by telling them if they get those chore done under that time they could make something (like banana muffins). Of course, they'd have to clean up after themselves after cooking.
  • Stop picking up after them when they haven't done what I've asked. Well, duh!? But, I have a terrible habit of asking a child to do something --- run and put the babies shoes on her door, make sure and put your clothes in the dirty laundry after taking them off --- only to find they haven't done it and I end up picking it up myself. Sure, I can pick it up quicker than I could probably follow up with them. But, long term...I'm making things really hard on myself.

That's all for now...

No comments: