Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Miscellaneous Post

Today, we went and had the girl's dance pictures taken. It was at a beautiful and crowded local park here and it was beautiful weather. My husband took the oldest (my stepdaughter) and the youngest (the toddler) with him today to do a fence project (I think he LOVES building fence, go figure). I had a peaceful day with the middle kids. They were so cooperative with just the two of them. And, I got to fellowship with different ladies at the dance picture (their dance is a Christian dance program - so that makes it nice). When I got home (around 3), I started making dinner (which took me several hours, I'm slow when I'm pregnant). But, it was all done ahead of time. So, in the evening when my husband came home from his fence work, I got to spend time outdoors with him.

My older daughter is on her second round of eardrops for an outer ear infection today. I'm hoping it clears up and we don't need oral antibiotics. My middle, six year old daughter, finished up her oral antibiotics for a kidney infection just recently. I need to get her into the urologist soon. I have to call between 8 am and 8:30 am on Monday morning to set up that appointment. I rarely get up before 9:00, but I guess I will for that.

I really can't say that I was feeling that positive about my pregnancy here recently. Following my daughter's kidney infection, I was getting lots of Braxton Hicks (I think I was stressed and short on sleep). Then, even after that subsided my back and hips were hurting me to the point where I felt like I could hardly do anything. Then, you know, the state of my house was falling apart. During my 2nd pregnancy, I had lower back pain that eased up with Chiropractic. I was totally feeling like, "I don't want to go to another doctor period." - because it seemed like every OB appointment was a reminder of how much I weighed. I've had problems with serious varicose veins this pregnancy too and in the midst of all my emotion, my good compression hose were buried somewhere in the laundry and I was having pain from that too. So, anyhow, eventually, I thought, "this is all stupid me not wanting to go to a doctor". And I had my husband arrange for a chiropractic appointment for me (I just didn't feel up to calling). Anyhow, two appointments and a couple ice packs and I feel able to get around again. Thanks be to God. I'm sure I'll still have challenges, after all the trying of our faith produces perseverence, you know, but there is light at the end of tunnel. Most specifically, I have a beautiful bouncing boy expected around here August 15.

In Him,


No comments: