Sunday, January 23, 2011

Simplify, Simplify, Simplify

Simplify. This is what I always tell myself, but I have a hard time doing. Simplify means purging the house of unnecessaries that I don't need to clutter my brain or my cupboards. Simplify means choosing the very most favorite activities. Yet, it is always good to finish out this year's activities. I'm leaning toward doing without dance next year as it really is the most expensive and if I had to choose with my girls art, violin, and dance, I'd really have to say dance was the least important.

To simplify, I've got to get past these doctor's appointments. Even my little boy needs a little surgery (of which type shall remain nameless). I'm tracking headaches, nausea, and vomitting and the medication given for my older girl. And for my younger girl, her (sorry) potty types and frequencies and quality of the types. All need said. She has a kidney issue that could be an issue with her remaining kidney, if I don't take her what I now consider minor voiding dysfunction seriously. So, it's a lot of tracking. And I myself have some doctor appointments to get off to. Oh, I just want to get past it. Perhaps, some way I can consolidate.

My little pumpkin now fits comfortably in my Ergo carrier. So, I'm pleased with that. As the weather gets nicer, he'll live in it and that will give me more flexibility. I also want to get it together with school. Simplify our cupboards. Lay out easy plans. Stick to schedules.

Our schedules are really messed up right now. I get insomnia and we're just naturally late night people, but I want to strive to change to a regular schedule. I guess one thing I can do for my daughter's stomach migraines (not to mention our homeschool) is the establish regular, waking, eating, and sleeping schedules...and to get daily exercise. I'm also thinking of getting Natalie into the chiropractor for the cyclical vomitting (stomach migraines) as some people have had some success that route. But, overall, the most important thing for cyclical vomitting is lowering stress be it from a cold (her last trigger) or from a performance. I can't just keep pushing my daughters and no have it all go haywire.

Wish me luck. I'm a few days out from being over the stupid virus and many more for my family to be over it. This is an area I need to stick to and it's the hardest thing in the world for me.

BY THE WAY...How do you like my new blog? For now. I like the layout a lot better.

God's Blessings-

Cathy

No comments: