Thursday, March 20, 2008

First Entry

Well, this is my very first blogging entry. I look forward to introducing my family to you. I homeschool my children, all girls, who are currently 6 1/2, 4 1/2, and 4 months. I also have a step-daughter, 9. I don't get to homeschool Mariah, however, as she is with her mom on school days.



My husband has been the greatest encourager when it has come to homeschooling. We live on our own little 20 acres. We have 10 plus cattle, including 3 pregnant soon to be mommy cows. We also have chickens and a big garden.



What we have arrived at so far for our homeschooling philosophy is the Charlotte Mason philosophy combined with some Classical method. I want my daughters to have a quality education, but also learn to enjoy learning.



My oldest daughter, is currently in the first grade. Her gifts are art and reading. She also loves taking care of our chickens and hanging around outside. She has an incredible thirst for Bible stories.



My middle daughter, will be doing Kindergarten next year. She isn't as interested in reading as her sister was and we aren't pushing it. She knows her letters and numbers though. She has a great sense of humor and a lot of spunk.



My littlest daughter, at four and a half months, I have no idea about. Except to say she is very sweet.



One of my favorite blogs lately is The Heart Of Harmony. She has really influenced me to make art and outdoor learning more of a priority in my teaching.



I go to the Battle Ground extension of the First Class Homeschool Co-op, which has really allowed us to get a lot of ideas about homeschooling, and well as to make connections.

No comments: