Saturday, May 31, 2008

Baby Challenges

Baby Challenges



I've just got to share that I've had a hard week this week. And, therefore, my poor husband and girls have had a hard week this week as well. They haven't complained though. My baby, now seven months, well, she has always liked to be held a lot. This week, since Tuesday, she doesn't want to be without me for more than five minutes. Additionally, when I hold her she is constantly wriggling away from me trying to grab at something, but not wanting to be put down.



Day before yesterday and today she hasn't taken a nap. Well, today she did end up taking a nap, but not on her own. I ended up laying down with her and nursing her to sleep on my bed. When she was a few months old this worked well. If she fell asleep in the middle of the bed, I could close my bedroom door and know she would be safe. But now, she can roll multiple rolls to get to where she wants to go, and pivot her body to get going in the direction she wants to go. Which, pretty much always is towards me.



Don't get me wrong, part of me loves it. It is complimentary. She loves me. But, I am not exaggerating about the amount of free time I've had during the day here lately. And, while I'm one who tries to give my baby lots of attention, I'm not one whose aim is to pick her up the second she cries. It's just really hard when she cries and cries until I pick her up. And it's really hard when I put her down for nap and I know she is tired, and I know she's been fed, burped, and changed, but a half hour into her nap she is still crying.



Then, I feel for my older kids and feel like I'm totally neglecting my household duties.  Not a lot of quality homeschooling has been done this week and my house is in complete disarray.

No comments: