Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Good Day & Great Weekend

Good Day



It was a good day today, and an awesome Mother's Day weekend.



I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to have children and to homeschool them. To think, I was unsure of my desire to be a homeschooling mom. My children are so wonderful. My children and my husband blessed me in every way this last weekend.



On Saturday, I went to sewing class (by the way I'm almost done with my jacket). My husband took care of the kids and took them out to plan a surprise. Then, Saturday afternoon we went and looked at some Angus Heiffers (cows) and then went and got starts and Cherry Trees from the nursery.



On Sunday, we went to church and I worked in the nursery. Then, my family took me out to a special reserved lunch and then we went and got flowers to plant in hanging baskets. Then, later as we were hanging out at home, my husband said there was one more thing. My dear Natalie had paid attention when I pointed to a Heron Weather Vane on a house that I pointed out after Violin one week. She and her sisters and Dad found it. I am so thrilled. I will have to post a picture of it once it is installed.



Today, we had a good day and a good school day. We started out straightening the house. Natalie did a great job on her Saxon Math, we read a chapter from the original of Winnie The Pooh, she did Phonics and Cursive, practiced violin, and had a fun time playing outside. Rachel, the four year old, and I practiced the sounds of the letters. The girls were great with each other today and didn't get in any arguments. It was just a nice, nice day.



No comments: