Friday, July 11, 2008

Been Busy

I've had a busy week

I've had a busy week. You would definitely NOT want to see my house. The older two girls have had day horse camp during the day, then the older three girls have had swimming lessons in the evening (with me front packing the baby). Plus, there were a couple of appointments this week. I am looking forward to the weekend. I'm hoping the kids want to play outside - although it is suppose to be VERY HOT this weekend - by my Northwest standards, of course - meaning it is supposed to hit 90. Luckily, we have a couple of box air conditioners.

Gardening


Jon put up a grape trellis for me. It's not quite done actually - but he did the hard part and put up the posts. I'll get the wires this weekend, and then I will do some pruning. I weeded around my roses earlier this week and added compost and fertilizer at their base. I have four roses I've bought between last year and this year, then four I transplanted that were in a shady spot from when we originally moved here. I treated them for Blackspot several weeks ago and they are all starting to perk up and have leaves and buds. I can't wait for them to all open up and bloom at the same time. I hope that happens this year.

That's about it for my garden escapades, except that I was out yesterday morning before it was hot turning the ground. We have soooo much room here in our "yard" to plant flowers and such. Unfortuneately, it's sooo much space I've had trouble getting to it. The previous owners did bark and fabric ground cover (which I can't stand and am still trying to get out of the ground) and probably caseron'd it, with a few bushes and a few flowers, but not the way I'd do it. I want to get it mostly planted in perennials and have it come up year after year. One of these days, hopefully next year, we'll be building a house and then our yard will be elsewhere, but I like gardening and I don't want to caseron it, so I'm trying to plant stuff anyhow. I've got to live in the here and now. It's been three and a half years of in two years hopefully we'll build, so that's what I've got to do.

No comments: