Sunday, July 12, 2009

Farm Pictures

My hubby and I just got back from a lovely weekend. It was so nice to hear myself think and to just relax with my husband. I wish I could do it every weekend.

We went to the beach near my husband's hometown, since he had a class reunion. He has another one in August as he changed schools. So, do I, I guess, but mine isn't very organized and his is closer, so we are going to his. Large group events are not my thing. Give me another family over or out for dinner and that I can do. But, I survived that and it was only momentary and most of the time was one on one time with my hubby.

weekend_inn_1
Truly a lovely little Inn.

weekend_inn_3
There actually was some ocean out there, visibility is just not great.

weekend_inn_4
Warm and cozy.

weekend_jon_fog_birds
Those are Pelicans and Seagulls in the background.

weekend_pelicans_seagulls
They didn't really let us come to close, but there were a lot there the first day.

As we were checking out of the hotel, the innkeeper told us that is was a sand castle contest weekend. We had no idea. We got to see the whole thing start to finish.

sand_castle_bull_dog

sand_castle_parrots_1

sand_castle_parrots_5

sand_castle_some_assembly_3

sand_castle_two_scoops_1

sand_castle_two_scoops_4

sand_castle_two_scoops_6

sand_castle_magic_carpet_1

sand_castle_pig

sand_castle_pigs_in_a_blanket

sand_castle_thomas

sand_castle_stuck_vw

sand_castle_dune_buggy_3

sand_castle_dune_buggy

sand_castle_by_the_beach sand_castle_some_assembly_10

No comments: