Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bumblebees

I got a hankering to take pictures of bumblebees today. They are real challenging critters to get a picture of. They move around so quickly and to get a good shot I had to get good and close to them. Unlike yellow jackets (which I've never had the hankering to take a picture of), bumblebees seem rather shy. They tend to fly away when you approach them. When I was a little girl, I got stung by I don't know how many bees, including a bumblebee. I think I just must have found them fascinating and wanted to touch them. I worry about that with my little toddler. She went walking right over one today in her sandals, oblivious, but luckily she didn't get stung.

As I was taking pictures of the bumblebees, the sun started getting less strong, and the bumblebees went into hiding. So, I switched over to flowers and fruit. Does anyone know what the fruit is??

bumblebee_1

bumblebee_2

rose_2

fruit

No comments: