Thursday, June 26, 2008

Small Egg Big Egg


It's funny people are always commenting when I mention I have three or four girls (depending on how I'm counting that day - if Mariah is with us or not). They say, "whoa, you have your hands full." I suppose I do the same to the mom at homeschooling co-op that has five or six kids, or more. But, more and more, I just think, "yes, isn't it wonderful".

There are days...I had an evening the other night. I have a four year old, almost five year old, that is still struggling with potty issues and is just learning things at a slower pace than what I would expect, and sometimes when these issues hit, on top of some chaos of the evening, then I feel like the world's worst Mom. Well, not really, not the worst Mom...but certainly not like a Proverbs 31 woman, if you know what I mean. I feel mad and frustrated and short-tempered. Those days are short lived, lately, however.

And, for all the slowly my heart has turned towards my children, my home, and my husband - I love it - it is the most fulfilling thing. It's not the only thing. There are other things I need, but I love this life I lead.

Small Egg Big Egg

So tonight when I was gone to my sewing class, my Natalie brought in the eggs. She found three big eggs and one small egg. This egg has the look of a Pullet egg (an egg from a young Hen). And, we do have Pullets. But they are inside in their crate still - not out in the Chicken Coop. This egg must simply be an anomaly? Here is the egg:

Small Egg Big Egg
 

No comments: