Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Living With No Regrets

If I think about what I might regret at the end of my life, I would wish that I had known the Lord better in my time here on Earth. I wish I had fellowshipped more with the Father. I wish that I had drawn more from His resources, from the Comforter. It is ironic I think, because then I will see Him face to face. Yet, I wish to know Him more in the here and now.

A couple of other thoughts I had center around my family. I would like to, even more than we do, draw close together as a family. I would like to not allow the busyness or worries of the world to come between myself and my family. I would like to take advantage of every sunny day  (or just not a rainy day) and spend it outside with them, as much as is possible.

family_time

 I'd also like it if I made it a priority to get more special time with my husband, even if it's just a weekend here and there. Those times we have done that have been so special. It is hard to get away from the girls, and to trust them to others. But, it is my opinion that it is a really special and necessary thing to do. Having had a baby about a year ago, this isn't something my husband and I have done in the last year. If I knew I wouldn't get another chance, I think that is something I would regret, if I didn't figure out a way to do this.

my_honey

The last thing I thought about when it comes to regrets, is that I would regret beating myself up for being me. I am serious, yet I have a sense of humor. Sometimes my thoughts get cluttered and it's hard to talk with others. Sometimes I am quiet. I like traditional things. I'm not the kind of person to appeal to a person and see an immediate change in their opinion. In terms of sharing the gospel, I would say I am not a "reaper". So, I would like to seek ways for the Lord to use me the way I am and in the circumstance I am in. I think a lot of this, comes down to worshipping the Father in prayer, with song, with my life, and thanking Him for who he created me to be. Then through that time that I spend with him in prayer, He will direct me, and it is my prayer, that I will be obedient to His direction.

Here is my verse for the week:

Matthew 6:6

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

No comments: