Sunday, August 22, 2010

Our Baby Is Here

Our baby is here. The newest member of our family arrived one week ago, Sunday, August 15. He is beautiful and cuddly and sweet. We are so in love with him.

Right now, I am working to try and figure out how to train our little man to sleep without being held by me or asleep next to me. I know the little ones need that closeness, but there is a point of reasonability. Being a human pacifier is not my goal. We are also still working on getting nursing running smoothly. I've nursed three other babies and until a pretty decent age, so I'm not concerned with giving up on nursing or anything. But, I'm waiting for my milk supply to regulate itself and also for little man to have more distinct sleep/wake cycles and keeping up with little man as far as good nursing habits go.

I'm also recovering from a C-Section. And, today, I started getting hives. Must be a reaction to the narcotics. So, I may go off of them a day or two before I was originally thinking I would go off of them. Pray for me and baby that God's hand would be over our health and well-being. Here are some of my favorite pictures of our little man to share with you.

josiah_7

josiah_13

josiah_19

josiah_day6_2

josiah_22

josiah_day7_toes

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Hi Cathy,

Your little guy is so adorable. Hope you can get caught up on your sleep soon. I know the exhaustion feeling.

Thanks for your note. I wondered why nobody was leaving any comments. I thought everybody had forgotten about me since I'd been so irregular during my pregnancy. I'm working on moving my blog. The url is preparationeducation.com I just started working on it today, so it has a ways to go.

We moved when Leah was a month and a day old, so I'm so busy trying to get unpacked so that we can start school, that I just haven't had time to even think about my blog, but I'm hoping to work on it this week and next and then make a catch up post. as for now, I'm still pretty tired and there's so much to do...

Blessings and spend plenty of time cuddling!
Rhonda