Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve!

Merry Christmas Eve to everybody out there! This is really a festive Christmas Eve at our house as we still have a tone of snow on the ground. It is warming up a bit, but we should actually get a little more snow tonight. So I wouldn't be surprised if we had 18" total snow tomorrow for Christmas. What a lovely gift.

We are getting present wrapped up today. Is that pathetic? When I was growing up, a lot of the presents were wrapped on Christmas morning. So, I figure I am doing pretty well getting them wrapped up the day before. And, I am terrible about cards as well. It feels like a lot to me. And it's not something my family ever did. It probably felt like a lot to my mom. It is my desire to digitalize it all one of these days. I'd like to take all our family photos and order them over the internet way ahead of time. Once I get the formula figured out I'm usually pretty good about things I can do on a computer and from home. And, I'm usually pretty good about e-mailing people. So, I hope family and friends can be understanding with me and know that my shortcomings aren't because I don't think about them. The traditional Thank You's and Christmas Cards and Gift Wrapping and Christmas decorating and all that are just really hard for me. In the same way I think that some tell me doing this or that on the computer is hard for them.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share some pictures of our Christmas Tree Ornaments, some pictures of our girls, and some tree light pictures. Once again, I've been inspired by Alyssa and Julie and their recent posts.

Which ornament do you like best? The nativity is my all time favorite.

tree_nativity

tree_bear

tree_jon_cathy

Which face shot do you like best?

tree_abigail

tree_mariah_2008

My light pics didn't turn out as cool as Alyssa's. I think she was taking pictures of outside colored icycle lights - which are in a row, close together. But, if you have a digital SLR, it's really easy to do and it's fun! Just set a long shutter speed and a low ISO and move your camera around in a pattern that you desire.

 

tree_lights Lights

No comments: