Saturday, March 21, 2009

CVS

Natalie is dealing with another bout of CVS (or stomach migraines). I'm thankful we know what it is now. When she gets to feeling nauseous if she tells me early enough, we can ward it off with ibuprofen. And if that doesn't work we've got these really expensive pills that they use for nausea in cancer patients. It helps and we don't end up in the E.R. Yet I still feel bad for her. Just like with migraines, the triggers can be numerous - stress (she threw up right after I broke my arm), a virus (she's got a cold right now), being really hungry or really full, and various foods (although this hasn't seemed the case for her).

You can read about it here if you are interested. CVSA Online It affects about .04% of children in the U.S. (or about 4 in 10,000 children).

I also feel badly because it's one of these kinds of syndromes that make your kids end up being sicker more than is typical, and I think when we have to cancel things people wonder if we are just being dramatic or if we are just flaky.  I know I need to keep trusting God for her healing, as is the case for all our kids.

No comments: